If we were celebrating 18 years of marriage a traditional gift would be porcelain; durable and long lasting, just like 18 years together. Turning 18 years old marks the end of childhood, the start of adulthood!
Guild Anderson are immensely proud that after 18 years we are still designing and making 100% bespoke kitchens and cabinetry, all produced in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside.
1. Nick & Hannah Anderson started Guild Anderson in 2003 in a shed at the bottom of their garden with just 2 pieces of equipment.
2. Besides his passion for designing beautiful bespoke cabinetry, Nick loves sailing and old boats. Hannah is an accomplished photographer, and adores horses, in particular eventing.
3. Today Guild Anderson employ 21 members of staff with over 150 years of combined experience!
4. Guild Anderson is one of only a handful of kitchen designers and cabinet makers in the UK that is truly 100% bespoke.
5. Guild Anderson have designed more than 700 projects in the last 18 years.
6. All Guild Anderson furniture and kitchens are designed in our design studio in Tisbury, Wiltshire. Our bespoke cabinetry is hand made in our own workshop on the beautiful Fonthill estate.
7. The Guild Anderson workshop roof is covered in solar panels. We have a 40kw system and we use a maximum of 36kw; creating more electricity than we use on a sunny day!
8. We use an average of 12 tonnes of poplar wood each year. All our sawdust is collected and used on a local chicken farm!
9. We are immensely proud that this year alone 82% of our projects have come through recommendations or repeat business.
10. On average a kitchen takes 6 months from inception through to installation; with an average of 370 workshop hours, and at least 100 hours of design time.
11. Guild Anderson have designed kitchens and cabinetry in most counties in the South of England, and as far afield as Ibiza and Barbados!
12. Guild Anderson hand paint all our kitchens and cabinetry on site using the finest British paint.
13. Guild Anderson work closely with many leading manufacturers to bring you the very latest in kitchen appliances.
14. All the decorative hardware that we use for each of our bespoke cabinets is designed and made in the UK. Nick designed the Harborne shelf bracket exclusively for Armac Martin.
15. The Guild Anderson workshop team are all highly-skilled craftsmen handing down their knowledge from generation to generation. We have taken on 8 apprentices; 5 of whom are still with us. Our design team are encouraged to learn, train, and advance, they are all “home grown’!
16. Each day is a new challenge. No two days are ever the same, just as no two clients are the same; Guild Anderson love individuality and unique bespoke design.
17. This year Guild Anderson have been featured in the press many times, including The World of Interiors, Country Life and The English Home.
18. Guild Anderson clients are discerning, understated, considerate, and above all wonderful to work with!
We are extremely grateful to all the manufacturers, suppliers, members of staff, and of course our clients, who have made the past 18 years so special – Thank you!