Title: Furniture Designer
Reports to: Managing Director, Nick Anderson
Based at: Berwick Hill, Berwick St Leonard, Salisbury Wilts SP3 5SN
Initially shadowing and then working for our Designer and Director Nick Anderson, this role is to provide drawing and pricing support of our bespoke furniture.
Key skills required:
1. Fast, accurate AutoCAD drafting. Knowledge of dynamic blocks and more advanced features an advantage but not essential.
2. Experience in 3d solid modelling an advantage
3. Knowledge in Cabinet Vision software an advantage
4. MS Excel ability an advantage
5. Highly numerate, show the ability to quote thoroughly and accurately, methodical and detail oriented
6. Strong desire to learn and progress; for the right person we expect that this job will lead to the opportunity to work with and design directly for our clients
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Draw initial AutoCAD layout plans from briefing, sketch plans and survey to Guild Anderson standards
2. As Cabinet Vision becomes our main design software system, full use of it to design kitchens
3. Put together quotes using SMART software. The initial part of this learning process will be to put together a quoting checklist to ensure that nothing is missed.
4. Incorporate customer amendments to layouts and quotes and re-issue
5. Draw elevations from layouts
6. Occasional drawing assistance to our Operations Manager